Saturday, May 9, 2009

OMG

OK . . . so I know you've probably figured out that I'm behind schedule in my postings . . .technical difficulties and fun and all. So, we're really in Rome right now and I just have to mention the dinner that we just completed. La Pergola at our hotel is a Micheline 3 star restaurant and it was amazing. NINE courses of spectactular food followed by 9 dessert courses and paired with wonderful wines selected by Jeff. And, because it was Vilma's 80th birthday, a special cake after everything else and champagne served in gold carved flutes from the English royal family that just happened to by in the stock room. It was the most wonderful dinner I've ever had by far, and I just had to share it with you while it was still fresh. I'll write more later . . .but for now, we are very happy.

We'll talk later.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you all made it safely! Thus far everything you've seem to have encountered looks amazingly beautiful. The hotels, scenery, restaurants, and unexpected encounters are keeping me entertained, I almost feel like Im on the vacation....lol. Hope all is well with you all, take care!

    mateo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so thrilled that the dinner was everything over the top and excellent that you wanted it to be - but you didn't mention the 29 kinds of water! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been checking your blog as much as I had hoped to, but it sounds like you're having a fabulous time. As for me: tired... nuff said. Hugs! Sarah

    ReplyDelete